1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lynne Atwood <la@cleanstart.com>
Date: 13 May 1998 10:58:32
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Lots of questions...

Our web activity on Clean Start Properties has increased dramatically to
approximately 900 hits a month.  We are having difficulty getting:  city
planners/Economic development entities/BF pilot grant recipients/BF
showcase communities/realtors/ and owners to list vacant and underutilized
properties.  Our site is confidential; no contact or street address is
given without permission and participation is gree.  Even when we offer to
go on location to help fill out the listing forms, people don't follow up.

My questions are:
1.  Why are people reluctant to list properties even with confidentiality?
2.  Are people distrustful of a "Free Listing Service" thinking it's too
good to be true?
3.  Would Clean-Start as a non-profit entity find it easier to access
properties to list, success stories, articles, and information to put on
our site?
4.  Why don't people follow through with our offer to go on location and
list even when they control the property?

Your input on these questions would be appreciated.  More information would
be useful in my decision regarding non-profit status.
Lynne Atwood                             phone:  (401)728-6860
Clean-Start Properties Unlimited          fax:    (401)727-1849
Business Development Representative       email:  la@cleanstart.com