2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 May 2004 21:22:39 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: Osha levels for TCE

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMSaVxieRa8xCZRa/ ExpertCity

As I understand it, the occupational-safety exposure levels for TCE are
based upon acute toxicity.

In Mountain View, where we've focused on long-term exposures (chronic
toxicity),  U.S. EPA's provisional screening level for TCE in an
occupational scenario, based upon a one-in-a-million excess lifetime
(30-year) cancer risk, is .048 micrograms per cubic meter.

That's based upon EPA's recent draft (peer reviewed but unpromulgated)
toxicity asssessment. Before that, the most protective standard was the
state of California's, which equated .96 micrograms per cubic meter to
the one-in-a-million excess lifetime (30-year) cancer risk.

Lenny

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcaVxieRa8xCZRf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises