2004 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 17 Jun 2004 02:36:52 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Ithaaca TCE vapors

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQaVxieRa8xCZRa/Discover Card

DEC testing Ithaca site for possible pollution spread

Dave Pieklik
NBC3/WSTM.com (NY)
June 16, 2004

The state Department of Environmental Conservation is testing the
Emerson Power Transmission Company in Ithaca for a possible toxic danger.

D.E.C. officials are overseeing the drilling of the area and say if they
find pollution there, they would not be at all surprised.  The story
goes back some 17 years when the company discovered that the prior
owners had apparently spilled a large quantity of a solvent called
trichloroethylene, or T.C.E.

D.E.C. engineer Carl Cuipylo (Chip-el-oh) says if that's the case, the
T.C.E. would easily infiltrate the foundations of nearby homes.  They're
drilling on two sides of Joyce Muchan's house.

for the entire article, see
http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=1947264&nav=2aKDNyNU

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
http://click.topica.com/caaciq1aVxieRa8xCZRf/UOP