2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Trilling, Barry" <BTrilling@wiggin.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 14:45:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] Six blind men

Those of us who participated in the "facilitated" negotiations that produced the All Appropriate Inquiry regulations can testify to the value of frank but repectful dialogue among stakeholders who, as Lenny reminds us, were like the six blind men trying to describe the elephant. I support the idea of convening a similar panel of stakeholders representing divergent interests, with decision makers from appoprriate state and federal agencies and legislatve committees to address the issues raised in these recent postings, with the aim of building a consensus proposal for state and federal legislation.  Our AAI discussions took place at meetings at EPA HQ in DC over several months.  What are the impediments to following a similar path to achieve the objectives laid out in Lenny"s posting?