2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Mar 2002 06:37:29 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] City Saves Brooks Air Force Base From The Chopping Block

I've been looking for a document to explain the situation, without
success, but the key to this deal is that Brooks has very little
contamination and most of the cleanup is completed. Thus, the
environmental condition of the base is not a significant problem for the
transfer and leaseback deal. However, it's not necessarily a good model
for most Air Force bases, which have runways, maintenance areas, large
fuel farms, and major cleanup programs.

Lenny