2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 13 Apr 2004 19:56:57 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Camp Grant (IL) cleanup

$6.95 .com Domain Name Sale!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pQaVxieSa8wsBba/ GoDaddy

Ordnance Removal
Atwood Park, New Milford, IL

WIFR News - 23
Erica Hurtt

For decades U.S. Army troops trained for war at the camp grant rifle
range in New Milford. Now the range is a place where the stateline seek
the peace of Atwood Park.

"The fact that the military camp was here is the reason we have a park.
We had the land donation and we capitalize on the history. There are
still target pits and bunkers," says Rockford park district
environmental program coordinator Katie Townsend.

This spring the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is working to remove any
potentially dangerous remnants from the rifle range.

"Since this is the fourth phase of past work we don't expect to find
much of anything," said U.S. Army Corps of Engineers project manager
Walt Perro.

for the entire story, see
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/678262.html

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab7pJaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises