2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 30 Sep 2004 22:56:43 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Online Petition and International Day of Action

More from Jana Walsh  <reininthunder@earthlink.net>

Of course, it appalls me that because of our manufacturing and use of
these types of weapons we have left behind years and even lifetimes ago
all over the World have caused such vast environmental and human disease
wreckage.  I simply do not know what the answer is...I just know how I
feel today living where I am.  Too, there was a man who wrote to our
main newspaper regarding questions he had posed to Congressman Herger's
Office re:  second exposure from our soldiers returning from Iraq.  He
got no answers or even anyone willing to discuss the issue.  Now, I
wonder about these same things as I continue to read about the health
problems the returning soldiers are having and the continued battle over
our soldiers who fought in the Persian Gulf War; I have no doubt that
they suffer effects of bio-chemical weapons  that both we used and the
opposition and we will see over the years more evidence of such.  I
can't even imagine the effects what those who have to live in the areas
we fought are currently experiencing and what they will.  The U.S. has
created more problems for itself and other countries than we typically
will admit.  Our own weapons being used against us and our own people
suffering and dying not because of hand to hand combat, but the in the
air they breathe and most likely the water they drink.  Hell, it's not
even safe living near anywhere in the U.S. where any entity had anything
to do with any military activity, past or present.   Jana Walsh