2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 8 Nov 2004 23:32:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Dugway Proving Ground expansion

Submitted by Floyd Cannon <Doug.Cannon@siinet.ngc.com>

Judge Jenkins said that he would not require the Army to spend more to
clean up the mess than the property is worth.  However, this was not a
provision in the original contract that the Army signed with my grandfather.

 Montgomery Watson did an estimate for the Corp of Engineers and they
estimated that it would cost about $12 Million to clean up the area
around the Yellow Jacket patented claim. However, the Army bombed all 89
mining claims.  The estimate did not include the underground workings in
the mining district.  Therefore, the cleanup costs could run into the
$100's of Millions.  I thin that is why they want to just take it under
eminent domain and stop the potential bleeding.

Thanks for your continued help.