2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 21:54:37 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Former "KI Sawyer [Air Force Base, MI] water clear of contaminants"

KI Sawyer water clear of contaminants

By David Jackson
TV 6 News (Upper Michigan)
March 6, 2018

GWINN, Mich. (WLUC) - Feubrary 26, TV6 & FOX UP posted a story on our website from the Associated Press about possible chemical contamination in the K.I. Sawyer water system.

March 5, Sawyer officials clarified what's really happening, and whether people need to be concerned.

Right off the bat, Sawyer officials said the water system is clean, and residents should not worry.

In February, Michigan Senators Gary Peters and Debbie Stabenow were part of a group of lawmakers requesting a study of P.F.A.S. contamination (perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances) in several Michigan cities.

According to the E.P.A., the chemical is used in fire retardant foams, it is used a stain resistant coating and even used to keep food packaging from sticking to food.

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/KI-Sawyer-Water-clear-of-contaminants-475883793.html

Executive Director