2019 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 00:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CONTRACTORS: "DuPont says N.J. toxic mess caused by U.S. government ordering chemicals for WW1 and WW2"

DuPont says N.J. toxic mess caused by U.S. government ordering chemicals for WW1 and WW2

By Michael Sol Warren
NJ Advance Media
August 2, 2019

They only did it to help win the war. Well, both wars.

Facing major lawsuits filed by New Jersey, chemical giant DuPont is making the argument that its toxic legacy in the Garden State was created at the behest of Uncle Sam as part of war efforts in World War I and World War II.

In court filings, the company says the federal government ordered millions of pounds of chemicals to be produced at four sites across New Jersey during the two World Wars. Because that work was done under a federal contract, DuPont argues that it does not have liability in recent lawsuits filed against the company by New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.nj.com/news/2019/08/duponts-defense-in-massive-pollution-case-uncle-sam-ordered-the-chemicals.html

Executive Director